Our Institute is based in the Southern European Island of Malta, which is a beautiful European Country in the central Mediterranean Sea. Malta is known for its rich history and historic sites – so in addition to studying at the institute there will also be plenty of things to do.
Facts about Malta
- Malta is an English speaking Country
- Malta is a member of the EU (European Union)
- The local currency is the Euro (€)
- Great Weather Year Round
- With a very low Crime Rate – Malta is regarded as one of the safest places in the World.
- Malta has some of the best beaches in the Mediterranean
- Malta has a great selection of bars, restaurants and night clubs
- Malta has a very low unemployment rate (one of the lowest in Europe)
- Full time non-EU students are allowed to work for 20 hours a week in Malta
- Many Blockbuster films and Productions were actually filmed in Malta – these include Gladiator, Captain Philips, The Promise, World War Z and Game of Thrones to name a few:
Studying and Staying in Malta
Studying and staying in a new environment can help feed the creative process. With no distractions, our students can thrive in their film making journey. We’re in no doubt, successful applicants will learn and enjoy their 16 week stay. Our course will be taught in modern classrooms and on Location – where you will utilise the knowledge you have gained throughout the course to make your own short film (with your study group).
In addition, to help you enjoy the course as much as possible - we will also provide you with suitable and clean accommodation and will also provide you with 3 meals a day – so that your spare time can be best spent focussing on being creative.